Monday, April 6, 2015

Family Life by Akhi Sharma

Did I Like It? 
I'll be honest and say that I did not like this book. Not at all. When it comes to me and reading, if I like a book then I can read it in a few days without any problems. But, if I don't like a book, then it may take me a long time to finish it. Family Life for me was one of those books. From the start I knew that I wasn't going to enjoy it. It isn't my usual style of reading and I could not get into it. For a short novel, the chapters would drag on and the pages got longer and longer. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some people loved this novel; Sharma worked very hard on it and I'm not calling him a bad author. It just isn't what I usually read and it was out of my normal comfort zone.

3 comments:

  1. I thought that the book was pretty good, but it's great that you got out of your comfort zone! It's important to try different things every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sami. I thought the book wasn't bad and I'm glad it was able to take you out of your comfort zone but I would say that this novel is definitely something I would not recommend to just anyone. Some people aren't into reading depressing books or just books that touch on real life situations. Some people, when it comes to reading, just want to imagine themselves in the fantasy of a romance novel or on an intense battlefield in war fiction novel. But experience is always credible, and I hope this experience helped you grow as a reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, this was a different type of book, than I was used to. Some of the pages went on for ever. But, I do give him credit for continuing to work on it for 12 years, and not giving up.

    ReplyDelete